Embedding hideable subtitles

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello guys!

I'm currently working on some instructional videos which will be downloadable for a fee. They are in Czech language but I'd like to add English subtitles to it. I know that I could make a .srt file, zip the video + srt and sell the .zip file. 

But I have one video in mkv which has subtitles embedded inside (there are actually two different subtitles for two languages and they can be switched or turned on/off easily in every player). It also has two separate audio tracks for the two languages to choose from. Everything in just one single .mkv file!!! 

Q1: How do I achieve this? What software do I need? I'm working in Sony Vegas 11 but I suppose this is a post-processing issue with already rendered video file. What rendering format should I choose then?

Q2: Is it possible to get such video+subs file also in other formats such as mp4?

Q3: If not, is mkv sufficiently accepted in different devices? (The videos should be paid and I'd hate to see that somebody complains that it doesn't work on his iPad, spartphone, PC, Mac etc…)

Putting my trust in you, thanks for any help! πŸ˜‰

Regards, 

Ondra

Participant

Since you use Vegas 11, my suggestion is to post this question on the official Sony Vegas forum. There are several users on there familiar with subtitles who should be able to answer your questions.

Mike

Participant

OK, I did some research and found this: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/embed-subtitles-mp4-flv-videos-avidemux-crossplatform/ which works fine except that the subtitles in the finalized mp4 or mkv are not hideable in the player. I found no way how to affect this in Avidemux. Any idea or experiences?

Thanks, 

Ondra

Participant

Sorry Ondra but I don't do subtitles which is why I recommended going to the Sony Vegas users forum with your question.

Mike

Participant

Hello Mike,

thanks but I didn't do that because it really doesn't mater if I use Vegas or other software for editing and rendering the video. This question relates to embedding subtitles to an already finished video as I see it now…

I was just hoping that maybe someone else who does have experiences with subs might also read this thread. Thanks anyway πŸ˜‰

Ondra

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap