EF to MFT adapter? Aperture or no?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Hey everyone I'm buying a GH3 in the next few days I shoot normally with my canon t2i and I dont want to switch lense systems and buy a bunch of MFT mount lenses. The adapter im looking at getting has aperture blades but is this really needed? as well how much of a hassel is it to set the aperture on the canon body then tranfer the lense over? I will strictly be shooting just video with this as well.  The main reason I am wondering is because with the GH3 already setting me back quite a bit i'm wondering if I should splurge and buy a $100 fotodiox adaptor w/ aperature or just go with one without it for around $20

Thanks.

Hi Wes – congratulations on the new GH3!  The smartest camera decision I ever made was to switch from a Canon T2i to the GH cameras.

Yes, you really need an adapter with aperture control for your EF lenses.  Carrying a second body around is a real hassle.

But you don't have to spend the extra money for the Fotodiox.

A $32 DSLRKIT EF to MFT adapter with built-in aperture control will do the same job without busting your budget.

Hope this is helpful!

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

Participant

Thanks!
      I ended up going with the fotodiox one as im up in Canada and couldnt find the other that shipped to Canada. Thanks for the reply though! πŸ™‚

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap