Editing Software Is Jerky, Normal is Not!!

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Editing Software Is Jerky, Normal is Not!!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hello

I am trying to do some very basic editing although want to learn better techniques.

Something is bugging me though, when i put even a small 720p 100fps gopro file into Premiere or Vegas, playing it in that is laggy and awful.

If i play the same file in a standard player it works perfectly.

So why before i have done any work to it, does it play badly in the editors?

I know i can use proxies and I think i will have to, but why does it happen?

I know my system is not suitable for high end work, but surely a 720 file si easy meat?

My system is:

Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus Case 1
      Intel Core i5 4690K Haswell Refresh Processor 3.50 GHz (Overclocked to up to 4.3GHz) 1
      Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2 CPU Cooler 1
      Generic thermal paste 1
      Asus Z97-K Motherboard – Haswell CPU only 1
      8GB PC3-10666 1333MHz DDR3 Memory (2 x 4GB sticks) 1
      Chillblast NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Graphics Card 1
      1000GB 7200RPM Hard Disk – 6Gbps 1
      24x SATA DVD+/-RW Drive 1
      Corsair Ultra Low Noise 600W PSU

Participant

I suspect the problem is the 100fps plus the fact I don;t think the GTX 760 is on the approved list of graphics cards, so Premiere will not be using the onboard chipset on the card, doing the processing in the PC CPU instead. There used to be a way to edit the list manually to cheat the computer to use the cards power – I'm not sure if that still works on the latest CC – The net result is 100fps taxing the machine, because it doesn't know to use your clever graphics card.

http://brorsoft.com/how-to/import-gopro-footage-to-adobe-premiere-pro.html

This post talks about GoPro video and Premiere Pro issues. Check it and get some clues.

Participant

Sadly, that is a very outdated link, and doesn't deal at all with the problems of high frame rates and graphics cards. Converting the MP4 to another format might help, but the current versions of PP, deal with this quite seamlessly. PP can transcode it anyway if you want with media encoder.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap