editing software for Vixia HV40

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Newbie here to HD recording. Could you steer me in direction of using a program with this cam? Only ones I found that work are Sony Vegas Pro but at this time can’t afford $500+ Premiere 11 wouldn’t work properly, kept locking up. Power Dir. 11 Saw the cam but no capture. I would like to try 15 day or so trial be fore I buy. Trying to use Pinnacle 16 but can’t quite figure it out yet.

Participant

Make sure your system specs for your computer meet the requirements of the software. On the low budget end Premiere Elements and Sony Movie Studio should both handle the import from a HV40 no problem and are quite powerful softwares really. Trial versions can be buggy and sometimes you have to re-install them a time or two to get them to work.

If your system will handle it Lightworks has a free open source editing software out that you can get here http://www.lwks.com/ . I've never used lightworks but have heard of others using it just fine. The free version does have some limitations but the upgrade is only like 60 bucks a year, so its pretty cheap if you like it but get something better than a trial to work with to start. here is a tut on capturing from a camera with it if you decide to try it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiDlNSLyBGw

Good luck

You can try Sony Movie Studio, which is only $95

Participant

Thanks, my system is an i7, 8 gig ram 500 gig plus1tb WD black, nvidia 4000. Buggy trials was probably the prob. Others I know used some of the programs I tried. Finally settled on Magix Movie Edit Pro 2013 Plus. Played around with the trial vers. even uploaded an HD vid to my youtube channel. Seems good enough for now.$100

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap