Edit .vob advice

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I have some dvds I made form old full size vhs tapes. I used one of those all in one units. Now I have some dvds that I'd like to extract small clips and send them to people who would be interested. I don't think friends would enjoy an hour and half of my home videos, to see the 2 minutes that they would find interesting.

So, on to the real question, what is the quickest, easiest way to extract a small clip from my home made dvds, (.vob files)?

Thanks in advance.

Participant

That should work. you can change .vob to .mpg for your NLE if you have to.

Participant

You need a good Video Converter Program that can convert that .VOB file to something a Non Linear Video Editing Program can use.  I have Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia Cinnamon running on this computer, which I call My Video Editing Beast.  I use Kdenlive to Edit the Videos i shoot with My MiniDV tape Cameras and I also edit Videos for other people who need Video Editing done. 

Now the good part of this that Kdenlive can also be used on a Windows computer, if that is what you have.

You can a video converter to convert VOB for editing in NLEs.

Participant

I do what Bruce said – import the .vobs, change them to .mpg and use them – it's the same data in a different wrapper. Premiere certainly is happy with this.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

A Tripod Buyer’s Guide for Every Budget

The best tripods for video — 2020

Carefully comparing and reviewing system specs will ultimately help you find the best tripod to fit your needs and your budget.
homicide-bootstrap