Easy to Use Video Software

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      BriniaSona

I’m looking to make videos like this one, with moving png’s and vector elements that can be manipulated.

Here is an example of the style I like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLKTkC6TpF4 I like that in this video the characters are transparent png’s that can be moved around, same with other elements and the text.

You’ve heard this hundreds of time, but I don’t have 700 dollars to pay for software. I’d screenshot my bank account but it’s easier to say I’m broke.

Cannon600D

I first learnt how to edit on iMovie, but I dont know if you have a mac or not, you could probably download it. maybe. its a realy simple and easy to use software

rs170a
      Participant

The editing part of the example video you posted can be done with something as cheap as Vegas Movie Studio ($50). The problem is the other compositing software that was used to do some of the titling and other special effects. My guess is Adobe After Effects (subscription only) at a minimum. Other software may have been used as well.

Mike

BriniaSona

I use pc

is there a demo of VMS i could test before buying? Just want to be sure I actually like it before I buy a program I never use again. Plus in canadian itd be like 75 dollars.

Would vegas be able to do the panning and sliding of transparent PNG’s? like having a static background and have a character or drawing move overtop it?

rs170a
      Participant

Yes there is. Go to http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/homestudio and download the free 30 day trial.
      There are 3 different Movie Studio versions but the cheapest one will do what you want.
      You might be able to get it cheaper on sites such as Amazon so be sure to check there if you do want to buy it.
      You can easily do all the effects that you mentioned. Vegas was one of the first to offer these features and it keeps getting better over time.
      There are training tutorials on the Sony site as well as all over YouTube to help you get going.
      Good luck!!

Mike

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment — 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN