Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Cameras and Camcorders › DSLR or Camcorder for Youtube-Video’s?
- March 6, 2018 at 1:40 AM #96953THEUnboxingMember
I'm new to the forum, because I have a question that can't be answered anywhere.
Been looking for this a long time and I think this forum is fit to answer it. 🙂
So I've been making Youtube-video's a couple of years and have a basic setup at home:
– Nikon D3200 (front camera) with standard lens
– Two softboxes
– Shure microphone (going to change this one soon)
– Overall decent quality of lighting, video and sound (I think)
However, I've been looking to get a step up on my video quality and don't know if I should buy a (very expensive) DSLR with 4K or a camcorder with 4K? (fe: Sony FDR-AX53). Problem is that I don't know what the difference is between them in quality and if I should consider a camcorder for my type of videos? Is it overkill? Do I have more possibilities with a DSLR?
– In short: what do I choose? A DSLR for my tech-videos or a camcorder? Please also consider price, my budget is not unlimited, unlike other Youtubers lol 🙂
For reference, you can find my channel and style of videos here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCbA_DpwX1RXw0lNm-uag-Q (link is external)
Thanks a lot!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.