DSLR or Camcorder for Youtube-Video’s?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Hi!

I'm new to the forum, because I have a question that can't be answered anywhere.
      Been looking for this a long time and I think this forum is fit to answer it. πŸ™‚

So I've been making Youtube-video's a couple of years and have a basic setup at home:

Nikon D3200 (front camera) with standard lens
      – Two softboxes
      – Shure microphone (going to change this one soon)
      – Overall decent quality of lighting, video and sound (I think)

However, I've been looking to get a step up on my video quality and don't know if I should buy a (very expensive) DSLR with 4K or a camcorder with 4K? (fe: Sony FDR-AX53). Problem is that I don't know what the difference is between them in quality and if I should consider a camcorder for my type of videos? Is it overkill? Do I have more possibilities with a DSLR?

– In short: what do I choose? A DSLR for my tech-videos or a camcorder? Please also consider price, my budget is not unlimited, unlike other Youtubers lol πŸ™‚

For reference, you can find my channel and style of videos here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCbA_DpwX1RXw0lNm-uag-Q (link is external)

Thanks a lot!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Hand-held Stabilizers Buyer's Guide

Best camera stabilizers for video β€” 2020

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap