Dropped frames using paired 32GB SD cards

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I just filmed a performance using my pair of Panasonic AC-Ag90 cams. They both held two 32GB SC cards, recording AVCHD on both simultaneously. A Canon was also used that outputs .MXF.

I converted the .MTS to .MOV from the 2 panasonics first in Movavi. I quck reviewed them in Real Player and did not notice any skipping. But, when I imported and started editing, the dropped frames, pixelated images were severe. Sound was ok. I then converted MTS and MXF files into .mov using Wondershare video converter. (I needed all files to be .MOV since I was also using a Canon that output in .MXF.)

THE PROBLEM IS: all .MTS footage has skipped and dropped frames, pixelated images throughout all 4 chips (2 chips per Panasonic camera) The Canon footage is ok.

Why?

1) pre-used SD cards that were erased using Disk Utility? It seems odd that all 4 chips would drop.

2) one or both of the Converter programs? odd that both conversion programs would create dropped frames.

3) the Panasonic cams . . again, odd that BOTH cams would suddenly start doing this.

I am editing using PPCS5 on iMac, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 gb ram, NVDIA GeForce GTX 780m 4096 mb, on 10.9.2.

Thank you for all and any suggestions?

Jana

Participant

Jana, maybe try importing the AVCHD files directly into PProCS5?

Thanks Ed. I can import the .mts into PPCS5, but what about the Canon's .mxf? Don't I need to edit using the same file kind? like .mov?

Participant

Jana,

Not being too familiar with Canon .mxf, I can only suggest you give it a try…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best royalty-free music and sound effects sites – 2020

Music and sound effects are a crucial part of any film or video project. Using royalty-free stock music in your next project is one way to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
homicide-bootstrap