Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › General › Video and Film Discussion › Do’s an Don’ts in web video
- June 6, 2013 at 9:15 AM #65374
- June 6, 2013 at 9:27 AM #207666JohnParticipant
– Keep it short
– Make the first 10 seconds as gripping as possible
– Audio is sometimes more important than video – ears become offended much quicker than eyes.
– You may think that HD is amazing but not everyone can stream it quite so easy (offer alternatives if you are not using YouTube)
– Do not shoot against an off-white wall (it always looks unprofessional)
– Do not over-brand your video or message (people don’t feel comfortable when they are having things forced upon them)
I look forward to hearing more 🙂
- June 9, 2013 at 6:58 AM #207713Aviv VanaParticipant
Don't be impatient to find a normal background and non distracting
Don't be a perfectionist – Just do it – it's a web vieo and nobody expects it to be perfect
Do – know what you are going to say so you are not thinking the entire recording
Do – make sure you have quite area you are recording in.
Everything depends on what the purpose is of course.
- June 10, 2013 at 11:09 AM #207723
– keep accurate notes of all shots,to ensure continuity
– more is better when it comes to B roll
– use H-264 codec this is a web friendly codec unlike some
– use a phone camera if you want quality video
– use a camera that cannot shoot in low light
– over use graphics
- June 11, 2013 at 8:03 AM #207755Mike WilhelmKeymaster
Do – Pay close attention to your audio.
Don't – Hold your phone vertically when shooting video!
- June 12, 2013 at 2:59 PM #207791aburke3Participant
Do – Upload to YouTube (they have quite a large community).
Don't – Upload only to YouTube. Pick another favorite destination, and upload there too. Hopefully it's a destination that's different… based on video player features, or a more niche viewing audience, or interactive features. Flickr, SmugMug, Vimeo, Animoto, iTunes and Socialcam come to mind.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.