Dj mixer and crowd

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Harvey
      Participant

Hi, I have to videotape a Bat Mitzvah for the first time, I have some experience with the camera but almost nothing with sound. My plan is to hook a wireless transmiter to the Dj mixer output line. My question is: 1)-am I going to get some sound from the crowd?, 

2)-Is it a good idea to get the sound from the crowd with a shotgun mic throw the other channel?

Thanks!

rs170a
      Participant

1) – No

2) – Yes

Mix them together in post for the proper balance.

Mike

paulears
      Participant

Probably worth asking the DJ if he has a spare output – not all mixers do, and not all DJs will loet you have it. They hate video people turning up at the last minute and demanding a feed. Very odd that many do not have one when it's a last minute request. 

Personally, I'd not use a shotgun because the sound perspective changes if the mic is moved, or as people move in front of it – a simple cardioid or even omni might be better sounding.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Sound’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.