CS4 slideshow picture zoom goes in and out of focus,

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing CS4 slideshow picture zoom goes in and out of focus,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I'm using CS4 and I'm trying to create a slideshow. When I zoom the picture and create the DVD the picture look like it keeps going out of focus. Does anybody have a cure for this?

Thanks

Luis Maymi LopezLuis Maymi Lopez
      Participant

Which program are you using in to create the slideshow? Premiere, After Effects?

Participant

Sorry I forgot to put that in.

I'm using Premiere Pro CS4.

Thanks for any help you are able to provide.

Luis Maymi LopezLuis Maymi Lopez
      Participant

Whenever you down-scale or up-scale a picture inside Premiere it will lose some of it's quality and focus. Make sure to use pictures with either the exact video dimensions size (in this case 720×480) or scale down just a bit so you can have a background behind each pic. 

When you  export to a DVD use the format MPEG2 DVD with quality 5, bitrate encoding VBR 2 pass and a high maximum bitrate. Play around with this settings until you get the desire quality. 

Participant

also, make sure your pics are larger in size than you will need for cs4. I would not scale up more than 10%. Even that is pushing it. For really great slideshow check out Proshow..Excellent software!!

Harry

Participant

Thank you for your response.

I am using Adobe dynamic  link in Premiere Pro to go to Encore CS4. I don't know how to change the format doing it that way.

Thanks

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to buy a camera — 2021

While we have more options and more technology than ever before; buying a new camera has never been more difficult. It’s not just that there are dozens of cameras to choose from, it’s that each one offers something different,...
homicide-bootstrap