Critique Editor Reel

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Looking for some feedback on my reel posted below:

I separated my favorite edited sequences from projects that I have worked on by using title cards. I wanted to have a strong concept to ground my reel and avoid making a "sizzle" reel. I hope it reads the way I intended it to. Or if you read it in some other interesting way, even better!

Love to hear your thoughts.

-M

Did you shoot and light these scenes too, or just editing? Because if you did, its more than an editor reel and you should mention that in the intro. I don't even think you need the title cards for the scenes. Maybe even do a reel where all the shots are mixed up and cut fast, or show some interesting transitions for the edits. Great job.

Participant

Great work!!! I would say take out titles and change music to something with more energy. Other than that looks great 👍

Participant

Great job, Michelle! I at first found the title cards a bit confusing with the change between project footage happening before the title card comes in. Had to watch it several times to really get the flow … not sure if just a simple lower-thirds or an animated/motion graphic would work (?) ~ that may take you more into the “sizzle” reel you wished to avoid though. I agree with davepd2 that if you did more than edit (like light, shoot, direct, etc…) you really should include that info, too. Again, great job! Hope this is helpful. 🙂 ~Tim

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap