Creative Commons type of music

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      lucarebori

Hello, fellow videomakers. This is my first post, and i was hoping that some of you could help me a bit with a subject. I’m doing a video for Jack Daniel’s, who’s throwing a party inside Lollapalooza, a music festival. In their videos, they use rock-type music, but I have been unable to find the correct piece of music… i have looked in a lot of creative commons (it’s important that it has to be music with no copyrights) sites but they don’t seem to fit. I will leave an example of the kind of music that i’m looking for, and hopefully someone will recommend me a website, channel or even a piece of music you have used in the past. The footage of the video is very similar to what i have recorded.

I really appreciate your time and consideration, and the eventual help i might get from you.
      Sorry for the bad grammar, i’m not a native english speaker. 🙂
      Cheers!!

rs170a
      Participant

If you’re talking about the whiskey maker Jack Daniel’s, I have to believe that they have all the original music that was ever used in any of their videos. I would get in touch with their head office, explain who you are and what you’re doing and see if they can help you out. Good luck!

Mike

Michael
      Participant

Creative Commons is a new system, built upon current copyright law, that allows you to legally use “some rights reserved” music, movies, images, and other content — all for free. CC offers free copyright licenses that anyone can use (without a lawyer) to mark their creative work with the freedoms they want it to carry. For instance, a musician would use a Creative Commons license to allow people to legally share her songs online, make copies for friends, or even use them in videos or other compositions….pff

paulears
      Participant

I’m not actually certain anyone really understands both sides of a creative commons license, because it’s just wording to say you don’t mind people using it – subject to some conditions, and these seem to always vary slightly.

If the video is FOR Jack Daniels, surely they want some creative input? Much of the music that can be used free is also the sort of music that you wouldn’t want to pay for anyway – it tends to be quite bland (but musically competent) or musically inept, with just a few gems. Lots of music producers make a decent income from what used to be called library music, but it’s very nature is more mood than cutting edge.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best video editing software — 2021

In this article, we’ll go over the criteria you’ll need to consider when choosing the best video editing software for your needs.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN