Creating Videos Online from HDMI Device

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Hi everyone,

I have a few questions and would love some help here.  I have an electronics video device connected to my TV via HDMI.  I want to create help and tutorial short videos.  I went on monoprice and bought a USB to HDMI Adapter in hopes that I can connect my device to my laptop and record the video output straight from the device to my laptop with camtasia for example, but I couldn't get it working at all for the life of me.

I was wondering what methods or solutions would work best? I don't have a camcorder to record off the tv, I would rather output the video to my laptop and possibly record via full screen view.  Anyone have any hardware and software best for the job?

I'm not too experienced in this arena but on top of the footage I want to film, I want to create a 10-15 second generic intro to all videos, along with a 10-15 second generic ending to all of the videos.  How can I create and embed such a thing? Just as an example, here is a video with a little intro (very poor quality but you get the point) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYDL7f4LMpU

Thanks everyone!

Dan

I'm not sure I understand what kind of device you're talking about that you're trying to record from.  But if you can connect it to a recording device via HDMI, you might try the Atomos Ninja 2, recording to it, and then you can use those videos that you record for your productions.

• Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The Best Bags and Cases

The best camera bags and cases — 2020

Finding the right camera bag or case for your gear can be challenging, particularly if this is the first bag or case you've ever purchased.
    homicide-bootstrap