Creating Burning Text/Border in FCPX

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      bjk316
      Participant

Good Evening All,
      I'm working on a history video for a local school and am in need of some text advice. For their title screen, the history class wants the screen to explode into fire with a 3D text effect following afterwards, the text itself on fire through a border or fire font. After spending a few hours on it, I am struggling to find an effective way to "burn" the text. I downloaded some FootageCrate flame effects and attached these to the borders of some of the text, but the process was fairly ineffective and convoluted due to the fact that the text is moving. The fire effects just cannot keep up with the text convincingly.

Are there any particular popular or well-known methods for doing something like this on Final Cut Pro X? My Google searches have yielded me little, and the only fire effects I've found are small fires that don't quite work as text borders. I simply haven't been able to find any convincing fire fonts, either. Any affordable recommendation is greatly appreciated, as I'm on a tight school budget for this.Thanks so much!

FX1shooter

in you do a search on google for:

burning text after effects… you will get a multitude of how to videos….showing you haow to do it… yes you need After Effects….

good luck!

Robert

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best camera stabilizers for video — 2021

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.