CPU for Video Editing.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      themac4g

I'm trying to build a system for video editing on a budget.  I have a really good pc case, dvd writer, 750 watt power supply, blu ray writer, I'm considered the fx8350, dual or single xeon 5660, or i7-8700k.  Are server systems / workstations better than regular systems for video editing?

I'd prefer the cheapest option for performance.

palladini971
      Participant

Here is what I edit Videos On – Desktop Computer, in the case is a am Asus P8P67 Motherboard, with an I7 Intel CPU.  128 GB RAM, Dual 4 GB Graphics cards hooked together by SLI cable and 4 4TB hard drives.  The Power Supply is 900 watts.  The Computer runs Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia Cinnamon.  I capture footage off of my MiniDV Tape Cameras using a KINO, then to Edit My Videos I use Kdenlive.  When I press Render of Video I have made, it barely makes the machine work hard.  And did I say, the OS and the Program I Use are all free.

I use a couple newer mac book pros with final cut. I break all of my footage into clips and save them onto flash drives so its not eating internal memory. 

I would honestly recommend the iMac 5K (fully upgraded, with ram purchased off of Amazon), with the screen included, I think it's a great value for the money. 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN