Copyright Music

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      RockyRocky
      Participant

I was searching for pre World War II music for a documentary and it seemed every site I visited was USA based, were I could purchase, from copyright companies/agents, the use of that music for a fee. Fees quoted was determined by what and where you want to use the music.

Two experiences I had were (a) the prices quoted are negotiable and (b) if you are not aware, some will charge you for products where the copyright has expired.

I then found different countries each have a different number of years for their copyright legislation. For example what is copyright in the USA for 75 years may only be copyright in other countries for 50 years.

I recently had an experience where an original song/music track written for a clip and performed in house for a promo clip was determined by YouTube to be copyright, and no amount of correspondence could convince them otherwise.

A full list of countries and the length of copyright music, photos etc., can be found at:
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries’_copyright_lengths

Participant

Nice note thanks Rocky. Google’s AdWords – believe it or not – will also scour a web page and suspend the appropriate AdWords campaign if it deems your site to peddle or use music / other media without the permission of the copyright owner.

• Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2020

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
    homicide-bootstrap