Converting old footage

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have successfully used my old Canon XA1 as a “go between” to capture old footage from my VCR player to Adobe Prem (via firewire from the cam). Now I have a Canon XF100 with no inputs for the job and no firewire out. Is there a way I can use theXF100 to do the job? Maybe capture onto its card and then download into the PC via cardreader?
      Mike

Participant

Sorry but you still need "old" technology to do a job like this.

The way I see it, you have two options.

#1 is to buy a Grass Valley (formerly Canopus) ADVC110 which is an analog to firewire converter that works like your old camera did.

#2 is to buy an old camera (the tape transport doesn't need to be working) that has this feature and use it.

Mike

Participant

bumiker123, I have used my digital 8 sony for this purpose. I recorded vhs onto my sony's tape and then inputed this into my computer's video editing software. I recently purchased Roxio's easy Vhs to DVD 3 plus for $60, it wroks well If this is in your budget, you can get your footage into your computer using it. I'm sure there are other brands of software/hardware products which will do the same.

Participant

Thank you gentlemen. It looks like I will have to go and get some old equipment. I know there oare dongles one can buy as well but was hoping there was some way to use what I had-

regards Mike

Participant

What about this:

http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/videorecorder

Participant

LYN12345, that's a nice device but it only works with a Mac πŸ™

Mike

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap