Conversion

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

I have been trying to copy my old CD-Movies into a current DVD-Disk. However, my IMac and Toast Blu-ray capable equipment does not read CD-R80 disk video movies. Also the Compressor which I use for final production of my FCP-X movies does not read the video files on the CD. I feel like driving of a modern automobile not knowing how to engineer the small problems like in the old days. Who is a so kind as to giving me some tips??

Participant

CD-Movies is a rather vague description. Are these VCD/SVCD movies? Are the DivX or Xvid movies?  http://www.videohelp.com/ is a great resource for help on things like this.

Mike

Thanks Mike,

I mean to say VCD/SVCD movies. I wiull check out the above mentioned site

Ben

Mike WilhelmMike Wilhelm
      Keymaster

Have you tried using MPEG Streamclip or Handbrake? I've had good luck with those programs reading files that Compressor can't.

Great Mike & Mike, I visited videohelp but finally downloaded MPEG Streamclip to export my old movie from the VCD into MOV on my hard disk. Thanks for your help.

Great Mike & Mike, I visited videohelp but finally downloaded MPEG Streamclip to export my old movie from the VCD into MOV on my hard disk. Thanks for your help.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best microphone for YouTube — 2021

One of the most common mistakes beginning video producers make is to overlook audio. Little do these beginners know that audiences are quicker to stop watching a video because of lousy sound quality than they are for poor video. Sound...
homicide-bootstrap