Completely new to video making but ready to get started!!

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Completely new to video making but ready to get started!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      k13lock

Hi everyone!!!

Completely new to the video making world. I’m looking to make a video similar to this.

Due to my lack of knowledge what kind of equipment would I need? Obviously a camera and some type of lavalier microphone.

Look forward to learning!

k13lock

Hi everyone!!!

Completely new to the video making world. I’m looking to make a video similar to this.

Due to my lack of knowledge what kind of equipment would I need? Obviously a camera and some type of lavalier microphone.

Look forward to learning!

Mike Wilhelm
      Keymaster

Hey hey-

For that type of video, you need a wireless lav system (I like the Sennheiser G3 but an Azden system will work in a pinch) and probably a fixed-lens camcorder. I'd take a look at the higher-end of the Sony Handycam line or the Panasonic X1000. If you don't need 4K, JVC and Canon offer some good options that are a bit cheaper.

Mike

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN