Compatibility problems

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive
      Hi everyone,
      I am working with a team to create a series of promotional videos. We are working with a Toshiba Satellite A10 computer, a Nikon D3100 camera, and we're using Windows Movie Maker 6.0 as our editing software. Since the Nikon D3100 only exports as MOV files, we've been using Mpeg Streamclip to convert footage, however we've been having a lot of problems with lag.
      My question is this:
      Do we need to buy a new computer? Is there a software which we can use on the Satellite which is cheap and functional? 
      If we need a new computer, we plan on getting a refurbished Macbook to use imovie, so my next question is, what is the oldest version of the Macbook we can get (as in what is the oldest model) which will suit our needs?
      Inactive

ely,

Thank you for providing great specs on the equipment you're working with. I too have been computer shopping recently and for video editing Videomaker never recommends editing with less than 4GB of RAM. Even though your footage is plenty small it seems like your laptop is the biggest bottleneck.

Our computers buyer's guide, and there will be an updated one in our September 2013 issue.

http://www.videomaker.com/article/15335-video-editing-workstations-buyers-guide

And it looks like you'll appreciate this take on refurbished Macs (which is a fine way to go for editing)

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33153_7-57351004-10391733/shopping-for-an-apple-product-choose-refurbished-every-time/

But in case you don't want to go with Apple products, I'm considering this one for myself,

Toshiba Satellite S850

After you've got the computer, and you're ready for a new editing software, there's a lot of options around $100 that will gladly accept MOV, along with many other video formats. Keep up the great work and know that investing a little bit on equipment can save a lot of time and create a lot of value on its own.

-Jackson
      Participant

To find out how different views between the different groups in your audience are examining, it is important that you find the ability to compare with more than just a few groups. I read about aussieessay.net before. To do this, you need to use human and social questions for the rich who respond and their organizations. Firmographic refers to a system of systems, such as employee styles, amount of money, craftsman, location and location.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap