Combining two video parts together

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I was filming vertically, and then switched my camera horizontal. Half of a video needed rotation. I split this video in two halves, rotated the second one which needed rotation and now I could not combine them. I am using “Avidemux” and it suggests me to “resize”, “add border” or “crop”. But I really do not want to loose some footage filmed in the corners. What should I do?
      I am not a pro at those things and am doing such stuff first time in my life in general. I would not mind if the vertical part would be in a white, grey, black background in the final video or something.
      Please, help me!

Participant

It won’t be pretty but you’re stuck with what you have done. Best choice is probably to use the horizontal (landscape) footage as is and add a neutral background for the vertical (portrait) shots. Anything you do to crop or “expand to fill frame” will result in loosing parts of the image.

Rather than a neutral background, some editors are blowing up the vertical footage and using this as a background, with the original portrait footage overlaid in front. For my taste this is a bit too busy; I prefer the neutral.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap