Church Video/Audio Recording Advice!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Hey all.  I am a Pastor at a Church in Lomita, CA and we just got he Sony CX900/B to film our services/stream – what we don't know is what device is best to record the audio to the video camera or seperately.  We have looked at the Tascam DR-60D, but it is advertised as DSLR filming use – can this still be used with the CX900/B?  Or should we look at other portable devices – if so which ones?  We don't have a lot to spend at the moment – so something witht he 60D features and price is awesome.  Thanks.

Keep in mind that recording with a device outside the camera is recording with a device outside the camera, regardless of whether you use a DSLR or a camcorder. Either way, you're not recording the usable audio to the camera, so it doesn't matter what external device you use to record the audio. Either way, you are simply synchronizing the audio and video in post. It is probably only advertised for DSLR use because DSLR audio sucks, for the most part.  Your NLE isn't going to care if the video came from a camcorder or a DSLR, just like it isn't going to care if the audio was captured with your camera or an external audio recorder.  That said,  when I shoot live events, I use a DSLR as my static wide shot, and a camcorder for my pan and zoom shot.  I connect my 60D to the house's audio mixer to capture the audio.  When I get the footage back to my studios, I sync it all up in my NLE, and it works perfectly.  In my opinion, the 60D is more than adequate.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2020

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
homicide-bootstrap