Charging for archived projects

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Hi folks,

I made a pretty video about three years back showing off the beauty of a small city in Spain. Their tourism board have just got in touch with me and want to buy part of, or the entire video (it's only several minutes runtime).

They want to know how much it will cost them for the rights. I haven't got the foggiest idea where to start pricing this. Anyone come across this before, any ideas?
      Participant

There's no hard and fast rules about selling your rights – assuming you have all of them – to anyone. Did you include music? Is it yours to give away? Just be careful of that.

As for rights you will want to knw what rights they are looking for – so you'll have to ask. Are they looking to have it on their website or include it as a DVD in a promotional package. How long would they like to use it for? A good way to get a feel for rights is to read the sections on royalty free music sites. They have various prices for personal, professional, TV use etc.

Oh, is theis where I write 'I'm not a lawyer… πŸ˜‰

If not money, perhaps a return trip 'on the house!'

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best Sony lenses β€” 2021

Sony has made a name for itself in the camera market lately. From its popular mirrorless line to its cinema cameras, Sony seems to be everywhere. The Sony E Mount has been around for about a decade. Since then, it's...
homicide-bootstrap