Challenge 6: Color Correction

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Here's my shot at challenge 6.  This is a still image that I took from video – the video that I shot was on the ferry which offered a lot of vibration.  Even after a few attempts at stabilization, I was still unhappy with the results so I ended up just using a still frame instead. The color correction was applied using a tint effect in After Effects (the same affect can be applied in Premiere) where I remapped the whites to a blue-ish hue while the blacks were mapped to a beige.  The tint was applied to an adjustment layer which I blended with the original image using the Hard Light blend mode.

Here is the version with the video (instead of the still frame):

Cheers!

Jon

Inactive

Great use of color correction. It's amazing how much of a different "feel" comes to the viewer just by increasing or descreasing tints and hues. This is a good exersice to see the difference.

Thanks for sharing your video.

Cheers!

Participant

Thanks…Love these video challenges and love to see what everyone is doing!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap