You're using a beta version of our new web site.

Car Crash Effect any Ideas?

Home Forums General Video and Film Discussion Car Crash Effect any Ideas?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kevin Mc 8 months ago.

• Author

Jau_

Hey guys,

I’m kinda new here and I would want to ask how you could reenact a car crash scene inside the car. I’m thinking of panning the camera slowly getting wider then without any special effect, just suddenly move the camera and the people inside.

It’s a short film I have to make for a competition a week or 2 from now, and helping me out would really do a lot thanks!

x

Kevin Mc

My first thought upon reading your dilemma, is to go 2001: A Space Odyssey. During the stargate sequence, the director, Stanley Kubrick employed the use of still frames of the actor playing Dave, the pod pilot. This effect – while very very cheap, did wonders for telling the story. You could run through a series of horrifying stills of those in the car, while the audio of a car crash plays out in the background.

I found a clip of the scene, where someone added their own music. Disregard the music, and see the still frames which begin around 1:25 into this clip.

Anyway – just a thought…

To get better quality movies I recommend to get a 360 camera. Check this review about the best 360 cameras https://goo.gl/XAHgWm
    Keep it up^^

Jau_

Not really what I’m looking for but thanks anyway! Brilliant film by the way 🙂

Jau_

Not really what I’m looking for but thanks anyway! Brilliant film by the way 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.