Canopus ADVC-300 stops and hangs

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hi friends! I have a ton of videos in different formats to transfer digitally and am starting to get my equipment together. I know that successful result is not only about technical stuff but also about knowledge and experience. It would be of great value for me if anyone that might have run into the current problems I have would share ideas about how it could be fixed or rounded.
      I have two problems of a similar kind and therefore put them into two separarate threads.

When transferring VHS, VHS-C and Video8/Hi8 I use one of my two Canopus ADVC-300 as TBC and FireWire interface for my computers. When there are noise between two clips on a tape, the connection between the ADVC-300 and my computers gets lost and I need to restart the ADVC and Scenalyzer. It doesn’t matter if I run the ADVC in PC or Unit mode. This happen with both ADVC’s and with different computers. Instead I can use a Panasonic DMR ES10 passthrough as TBC and my Sony DSR11 as a passthrough converter to Firewire. That works flawless. I can’t imagine that the ADVC-300 was ment to have this limitation…

I have Googled these problems but can’t find anything explaining how to fix or make a workaround to these problems. Any ideas?

Participant

I think your ADVC—300 is probably hanging whenever there is a break in the timecode on the tape.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap