Canon xl1s

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

hi this is my first post

Im new to the site/forum im from UK recording in pal format.

i recently bought a canon xl1s & recently shot some footage the problem i have is i cant get my canon xl1s to connect to my apple imac – via firewire which i just bought last week the firewire that is.

i can connect the canon xl1s to my windows laptop & capture the 60 min tape via windows movie maker which gives me an 11.7gb AVI file from a 58 min tape recording.

when i preview my footage it looks terrible like a cheap amateur camera was used,i have no problem admitting im a novice but i thought recording with a good body & lens & in good daylight the footage would have been of broadcast quality.

most of the recodring i do would require mini dv to dvd.

if anyone can offer any advice on
      A: how to improve recording & output quality to dvd.
      B: is it posible my firewire is faulty even though its new.

i have imovie & final cut pro on my imac which i know my way around the problem i have is getting the footage from my canon xl1s to my imac.

the firewire im using is a (nikkai 9pin male to 4pin male) firewire 800 – which fits with my canon & imac,but imovie & final cut wont recognise the camera when connected with the firewire & also connected to mains power.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try viewing the file in Quicktime Player see if it still looks bad.  Might be MovieMaker's preview does not show full framerate or resolution/

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap