Canon Vixia HF R62 Camcorder

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

How do you edit the video? I have tried MP4, etc and even when formatting the card with the camera Windows tells me I need to format the card. I doesn’t see the video on the card. I have tried to record to internal memory but the camcorder doesn’t show when plugged in to usb. How do you edit the video?

rs170a
      Participant

What does the manual say about recording and then hooking up the camera to a computer to transfer your video?
      That’s always the best place to start.

Mike

I opted for this little camera because I just do not like the fish eye lens of GoPro type action camera’s. Lots of great features in a compact unit. The large screen, zoom & image stability is very good. I have put some early footage on YouTube: “Rolling Thunder Trucking Company”,, I am Interpilot. I plan to do a lot more testing and evaluation of it’s features soon. I also purchased the extra kit with 64gig card, battery etc. + a nice little waterproof Zeikos carry bag. The 64gig memory works fine, but the built in 32gig memory of R62 is a real +. I believe all well worth the price tag. The picture quality is excellent, but I have always had very good luck with Canon camera’s shooting both for fun and professionally. Here a side by side comparison with my HDR FX1. Lots of amazing new technology packed in such a small compact unit. I connected it to my macpro laptop and could immediately begin editing the MP4 video in Final Cut Pro. Although I had some problems importing the higher quality AVCHD format. Hopefully I will get this worked out. Overall I am very pleased and highly recommend this camera ..

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Consumer Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN