Canon VIXIA HF R300 file does not work with vista movie maker

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video Contests & Festivals Canon VIXIA HF R300 file does not work with vista movie maker

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I own a Canon VIXIA HF R300 and I only record videos in MP4 format. But this kind of video does not work with vista movie maker. Which format should I convert to so I can make movies with vista movie maker in my windows vista operating system?

Participant

I'd say your best bet is wmv or avi

the following info was easy enough to find though…

Video

• DV-AVI (AVI)
      • Windows Media Video (WMV, ASF)
      • DVR-MS (Windows Media Center Vista Premium and Ultimate only, DVR-MS)
      • MPEG-2 (MPEG-2 Program Streams on Vista Premium and Ultimate only, MPG)
      • MPEG-1 (MPG)

Audio

• WAV (WAV)
      • MP3 (MP3)
      • Windows Media Audio (WMA)
      Inactive

I googled, Windows Movie Maker works well with ASF, AVI, WMV, MPEG1, MPEG, MPG MLV and MP2 files, choosing any previous video format and use Pavtube HD Video Converter to complete the conversion part. I prefer .avi and .wmv as output format because I tested yesterday, the converted .wmv file plays great on local computer and no trouble import to Window Movie Maker on my Vista desktop.

Participant

The MP4 from your Canon HF R300 is a finla delivery format, it is not one you want to use for editing. Therefore the easy workaround is to convert MP4 to a more editing-friendly format, such WMV, AVI for Windows Movie Maker.

http://hd-video-transferring-mac-wins.jimdo.com/2013/08/18/mp4-converter-what-if-mp4-files-not-working-with-windows-movie-maker/

Participant

wow.nice article.

Participant

buy a new one.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best royalty-free music and sound effects sites – 2021

Music and sound effects are a crucial part of any film or video project. Using royalty-free stock music in your next project is one way to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
homicide-bootstrap