Looks like it.

Participant

Looks like a 1D

Participant

Yup, 1D. Read up on it if you'd like.

Participant

Thanks guys.

Participant

As I recall they used a Canon to shoot a complete episode of the tv show House. 

Participant

I'm aware that a large portion of "Act of Valor" was shot with Canon 5D Mk2's

Participant

Both "Act of Valor" and "House" used the 5d for the same reason – size. Although in the case of AoV, cost was also a factor since they could afford to use MANY of the cameras as opposed to the couple of cameras usually on the set of a major motion picture. And if one got destroyed – nobody got fired. 🙂

Marvel's "The Avengers," "ParaNorman," "Hawaii Five 0," and other projects have used the 5d as either primary ("ParaNorman") or auxiliary cameras ("The Avengers") as the footage is highly interchangable with much more expensive cameras.

Further, movies such as "Red Tails" even used the 7d for additional footage on several of their effects shots. The 7d uses the same sensor as the 60d and T3i. (T2i and T4i, too, I think, but don't quote me on that one.)

Both the 7d and 5d were used to shoot the openning of "Saturday Night Live."

So yes, these cameras can and often are used in major Hollywood (and Bollywood) projects.

• Viewing 7 reply threads

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2020

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
    homicide-bootstrap