Canon Camera for Major Movie Production

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      david_lexicon
      Participant

Is this movie production using a Canon photograph camera to shoot their movie?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ra6o8zjfcnqn4aj/canon.jpg

composite1

Looks like it.

Brian
      Participant

Looks like a 1D

Jordan
      Inactive

Yup, 1D. Read up on it if you'd like.

david_lexicon
      Participant

Thanks guys.

Cville
      Participant

As I recall they used a Canon to shoot a complete episode of the tv show House. 

TerryWall
      Participant

I'm aware that a large portion of "Act of Valor" was shot with Canon 5D Mk2's

Joseph
      Participant

Both "Act of Valor" and "House" used the 5d for the same reason – size. Although in the case of AoV, cost was also a factor since they could afford to use MANY of the cameras as opposed to the couple of cameras usually on the set of a major motion picture. And if one got destroyed – nobody got fired. 🙂

Marvel's "The Avengers," "ParaNorman," "Hawaii Five 0," and other projects have used the 5d as either primary ("ParaNorman") or auxiliary cameras ("The Avengers") as the footage is highly interchangable with much more expensive cameras.

Further, movies such as "Red Tails" even used the 7d for additional footage on several of their effects shots. The 7d uses the same sensor as the 60d and T3i. (T2i and T4i, too, I think, but don't quote me on that one.)

Both the 7d and 5d were used to shoot the openning of "Saturday Night Live."

So yes, these cameras can and often are used in major Hollywood (and Bollywood) projects.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best video monitors — 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN