Cannon Vixia HF-S20

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

This video camera has been all around excellent quality and I love shooting with it!

However the software that it came with (ImageMixerVer 6) will only allow one export at a time, and it does not remember any of the export settings except the destination folder. Has anyone had expierience with this or do I need to convert the AVCHD files to somthing my editing software recognizes and transfer that way?

Participant

I've found that included software that comes with cameras like this are ususally pretty bad. You might want to export a single, high quality video, then use something else for transcoding like Media Encoder, Compressor, Squeeze, Handbrake, MPEG Streamclip, etc.

Participant

Try the program here: AVCHD to MP4

It works really well converting to multiple file formats.

Participant

If you would like to do that stuff by using command line, FFmpeg is good.

Participant

I have the HF-S200 and have been vary happy with it. I don't use the included software, so unfortunately can't offer any advice on that.

I did discover that Premiere CS6 apparently has an issue with AVCHD that 5.5 did not. (It was video that had been downloaded in Elements before I upgraded to CS6.) Once I transcoded the footage to a different codec/file format (I think I used P2) it edited with ease.

• Viewing 4 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap