Camcorder to match Canon 5d Mark ii

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hey!

I shoot short business videos/short films and I am going to be doing some live events in the near future and I want to invest in a good camcorder that will auto focus and look good handheld. I love the 5d, I use it for everything so I would love to have something similar that I can possibly use in conjunction with my 5d at times. I am hoping to keep it under $4,000.

Any suggestions/info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi derpderp – it sounds like you're looking for the $3999 Canon C100 – here's what it can do intercut with the 5D Mark II and 5D Mark III:

Even though this is a great camera and 100% compatible with your EF lenses and with the Canon "look" from your 5D – it doesn't have autofocus.  You would have to stretch your budget by another $500 for the dual pixel autofocus version.

Hope this is helpful and good luck with your decision!

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

I'd echo brunerww's comments, with one exception. Save your $500 and skip autofocus. Manual focus is almost always sharper and better. Plus, learning the routine of white-balance, frame, and focus will make you a better shooter. If you do it for a month or so, you'll never go back, and you'll be able to see in an instant when a lazy shooter let the camera set itself.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap