Camcorder to match Canon 5d Mark ii

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      derpderp

Hey!

I shoot short business videos/short films and I am going to be doing some live events in the near future and I want to invest in a good camcorder that will auto focus and look good handheld. I love the 5d, I use it for everything so I would love to have something similar that I can possibly use in conjunction with my 5d at times. I am hoping to keep it under $4,000.

Any suggestions/info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

brunerww

Hi derpderp – it sounds like you're looking for the $3999 Canon C100 – here's what it can do intercut with the 5D Mark II and 5D Mark III:

Even though this is a great camera and 100% compatible with your EF lenses and with the Canon "look" from your 5D – it doesn't have autofocus.  You would have to stretch your budget by another $500 for the dual pixel autofocus version.

Hope this is helpful and good luck with your decision!

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

Anonymous
      Inactive

I'd echo brunerww's comments, with one exception. Save your $500 and skip autofocus. Manual focus is almost always sharper and better. Plus, learning the routine of white-balance, frame, and focus will make you a better shooter. If you do it for a month or so, you'll never go back, and you'll be able to see in an instant when a lazy shooter let the camera set itself.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Professional Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN