Camcorder to compliment DSLR

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I’m a pro retoucher & stills shooter working my way into video as a purely creative outlet. Mostly nature & wildlife, but also short dramatics, creative projects -run&gun style.

Looking to expand into 4K -for the post editing benefits. Am also wanting to add quality slomo. Neither of these features are available with my Canon 7DII, so am leaning towards a camcorder. Also, I see that Feiyu-Tech has just announced a new motorized 3 axis gimbal (Feiyu MG) -but the weight limit is under 2Lbs. (I have their GoPro gimbal, which although flawed, can produce excellent results) So a lightweight camcorder unit could pair well with the gimbal for smooth follow shooting, etc.

The Panasonic HC-WX970K 4K Ultra-HD seems like an affordable camcorder option, with 4K and 120p slomo. It gets favorable, but also some poor user reviews (typical). I am tempted to try this as a low budget starter cam, perhaps getting the Feiyu Gimbal. (I’d prefer a pro level cam with a Ronin-M, but have budget constraints) I have a decent collection of Canon pro lenses, but they have no 4k DLSRs (currently) So I’m also tempted by the popular Panasonic 4k DSLRs, which I might be able to adapt my lenses to. (to take advantage of the shallow DOF in my faster lenses for the shots that call for it)

Suggestions/advice appreciated -thanks!

If it looks good to you, and you can afford it go for it.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap