camcorder and equipment for shooting live streaming video

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders Consumer Camcorders camcorder and equipment for shooting live streaming video

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have this awesome camera, Sony Handycam HDR-SR12,I have used for recording video.

I am looking at quiet alot of work that coming up shooting live events.  It will require ability to stream live video and this camera has no connectors to do this.  It does have USB output, but it will not work live streaming.

Looks like I am going to have to get another camcorder.

I'm not sure I will have to go to a more professional camcorder.  That is why I posted in this forums.

The camcorder I have really is very high quality HD 1080 with SD card, and 120MB hard disk storage.  HD is a requirement, but I am open to storage methods.  Live streaming storage will not be within the camera unless it is a secondary function.  I am probably thinking of wireless and wired connections as well.

If you have experience with live streaming events and cameras that workd well  I would sure appreciate to read your suggestions.  I may need other hardware as well.

In found this video capture card… made by avermedia.

http://gamerzone.avermedia.com//products/live_gamer_series/live_gamer_portable

This is computer PCI-E plug in card

http://www.avermedia.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=571

I am thinking this might work even with my current camera.  It has a S and HDMI output connector.  I can plug the HDMI into my HD TV and it works great from the camcorder. 

So I was thinking…encoder and software Voila.

Any thought on this?

Inactive

hi i wana start professional wedding videography

would anybody pls like to recomend me low budget gud quality camera

regards

Participant

I would suggest you get a professional looking camera. The camera I mentioned above is probably capable, but the zoom is aweful because controlled by a slide button.  Too difficult to have a smooth zoom.   Also, the camera looks amaterish.

One of my buddies was telling me about his camera. He said it probably wasn't better than most consumer cameras…it was lower priced professional looking camera.  I dont' remember what it was called.

People expect wedding or event videographers to look professional.  I recall a wedding where the videographer had a D300 Nikon and the clients were complaining he was a hobbyist.  They expected to see a shoulder mount camera I guess.

You'll get really good advice here.  Start your own thread and ask your questions. Also, the search is pretty awesome.  I would suggest just starting out you follow craigslist.  You can get some very good deals there, but don't buy if you can't go and physically see the camera and meet the seller.

Take some cash and don't leave a deposit unless you are very sure of your seller.

Hi domineaux – I recommend a camera with built-in live streaming, such as the Panasonic X920, X720 or X520.

The X920 will give you the best quality video and the best low light performance.

Here is a step-by-step video from Panasonic Canada showing how live streaming works with these cameras:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZH6IWatuws

Hope this is helpful,

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap