buying wireless mic kit for pan tcm900 camcoder

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Sound buying wireless mic kit for pan tcm900 camcoder

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am considering buying a wireless mic kit like Samson kit SWAM2SLM10N2 FOR $300.

I ALSO WAS CONSIDERING SONY WS999 BUT HEARD THAT KITS MIC IS VERY NOISY.
      ANYONE USED THIS SAMSON OR AZDEN 330lt for 775 2 sets mics receivers and transmitters from BHPHOTOVIDEO.

What specs should I be looking or in decent entry level wireless mic kit system?

I videowynn – I would bite the bullet and get the Sennheiser G3 ($630 new from Amazon, and used $542 from Amazon Warehouse Deals).  It is the least expensive UHF wireless worth buying, in my view. Low budget wireless mics have too high a likelihood of ruining your shot.

See this wireless shootout video from Dave Dugdale (Sennheiser vs Shure vs Sony vs Azden):

http://vimeo.com/53174712

Hope this is helpful,

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

" I videowynn – I would bite the bullet and get the Sennheiser G3 " . . . . . I second the motion!!

Participant

Who told you they were noisy. The downside is slow recharge time, different wiring to the commonly available spare or replacement mics but the one my friend uses (admitedly the guitar version) isn't noisy at all. It's like most of the budget end products, just lacking in facilities and easy of spare/replacement parts. It's very cheap, and there are few systems with battery receivers other than expensive ones.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best tripods for video — 2021

Carefully comparing and reviewing system specs will ultimately help you find the best tripod to fit your needs and your budget.
homicide-bootstrap