buying right computer for video editing

aashish's picture

Hi all,

I am planning to buy a computer for my video editing (1080p but 4k in near future), from my childhood my dream was to buy a macbook
my budget is around INR 60000 can macbook air with 1.6GHz Intel Core i5 processor; 8GB DDR3 RAM; 128GB storage; 13.3-inch screen, Intel HD 6000 Graphics; Mac OS X operating system; 12 hours battery life is good for smooth and fast video editing?

or i go for pc not mac

pls advice me i am confused that in my budget which one is better mac or pc

some say mac is the best as it has better optimization etc

pls advice me
thanks in advance
thanks

Dave Van De Cappelle's picture

Mac computers have limitations as to what programs can run on it, and the Video Editing programs that can run on it are mucho money, very expensive. With new owner of Sony Vegas Video Editor on the PC side, there has been a Price drop, to get the same on PC you can spend much less.
I run Linux Mint 18.1 Cinnamon and Windows 7 Pro an a Desktop with an ASUS Motherboard, an Intel I7 CPU and 16 GB Ram and 12 TB Hard Drive space in the computer. I have NAS sitting beside my Desktop that has 18 GB of storage, it is an old tower with the same motherboard my computer has, running FreeNas OS.
I run KDenlive on the Linux side and Corel VideoStudioX10 on the Windows side. All this has cost me about half of what a MAC computer alone with that much Horsepower would have cost

Palladini

Ontario Canada