Buying a Canon EOS 77D . Any downside to a DSLR for video?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Buying a Canon EOS 77D . Any downside to a DSLR for video?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Hi folks

First thank-you for your help. I have a Canon Rebel T2i, and it’s video performance has not been great…specifically the auto focus for making informational videos. We have been using a Panasonic DMC-ZS50 for quickies and maybe it’s the facial recognition that works so well.

I have a couple of Canon lenses to use, so thought perhaps an EOS 77D would be a good choice, but I’m a “vidiot” when it comes to these things. Maybe I need an actual camcorder of some sort?

Opinions are welcome as I’m a bit blind here!!! Thanks!!

The Canon EOS 77D (EOS 9000D in Japan) is a midrange DSLR that sits between the Rebel T7i and EOS 80D. It features Canon’s familiar 24MP CMOS sensor and uses the company’s newest DIGIC 7 processor. Dual Pixel AF is built-in for responsive AF and good subject tracking in live video and movie mode and, for shooting with the optical viewfinder, there’s a 45-point all cross-type system. The camera has a fully articulating 3″ touchscreen LCD along with an OVF with 95% coverage. It can capture Full HD video at 60p at a max bit rate of 60Mbps. Wireless features include Wi-Fi, NFC and Bluetooth.
      I use the same for taking photos for my website https://www.traditionessaysonline.com/.

Participant

If you have done well with the DMC-ZS50 you might want to consider the Lumix FZ80 super zoom bridge camera which has a few of advantages over a dslr. First it shoot 4K video, in up to 8 minute segments. Second it has a very good completely silent auto tracking which focuses the camera during video in 1 to 3 seconds. With a dslr, using auto tracking for video creates noise as the lens autofocuses. In video mode, the lumix fz80 is fully auto, choosing the best iso, aperture and shutter speed to get a well lit scene. Finally with a 20mm to 1200mm zoom lens, you can shoot anything from wide angle to close ups. Lest you think a camera costing less than $300 can’t produce striking 4K footage, look at this youtube video. I have several dslr’s which shoot HD video, but now I only shoot 4K on the FZ80 and the Coolpix B700 (24mm to 1440mm zoom, used for about $350).

The information given to me in your blog has been very informative, always read your post. You get something to learn in a post done by you. Well done. It’s a great example of setting a goal and creating that content. Hope you will continue to do such informative posts

http://www.rakhiinindia.in/cake-delivery-in-delhi.html ,
      http://www.rakhiinindia.in/cake-delivery-in-noida.html
      http://www.rakhiinindia.in/cake-delivery-in-gurgaon.html

Actually 77D is a good choice. Dw about it. Just do it.

It is best choice , there is no problem

Lotus Notes Migration

Participant

Buying a Canon EOS 77D is a great choice. I have not had any bad experiences with the product. Best Article rewriting service professional dissertation proposal writing service

Participant

Hi there! What an interesting post. Also, I recommend visiting one website that helps people with creating good essay titles. You can buy essay, dissertation topics and masters thesis, and it is a good opportunity to free read interesting and useful articles.

Participant

This is one of the best cameras recommendable for both quality videos and images. I would also recommend Capstone Project Help and Academic Assignment Help for the best writing and editing services.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap