Buying a Canon EOS 77D . Any downside to a DSLR for video?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Buying a Canon EOS 77D . Any downside to a DSLR for video?

Tagged: ,

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Kevin Deal

Hi folks

First thank-you for your help. I have a Canon Rebel T2i, and it’s video performance has not been great…specifically the auto focus for making informational videos. We have been using a Panasonic DMC-ZS50 for quickies and maybe it’s the facial recognition that works so well.

I have a couple of Canon lenses to use, so thought perhaps an EOS 77D would be a good choice, but I’m a “vidiot” when it comes to these things. Maybe I need an actual camcorder of some sort?

Opinions are welcome as I’m a bit blind here!!! Thanks!!

JoseClark

The Canon EOS 77D (EOS 9000D in Japan) is a midrange DSLR that sits between the Rebel T7i and EOS 80D. It features Canon’s familiar 24MP CMOS sensor and uses the company’s newest DIGIC 7 processor. Dual Pixel AF is built-in for responsive AF and good subject tracking in live video and movie mode and, for shooting with the optical viewfinder, there’s a 45-point all cross-type system. The camera has a fully articulating 3″ touchscreen LCD along with an OVF with 95% coverage. It can capture Full HD video at 60p at a max bit rate of 60Mbps. Wireless features include Wi-Fi, NFC and Bluetooth.
      I use the same for taking photos for my website https://www.traditionessaysonline.com/.

bobspez
        Participant

If you have done well with the DMC-ZS50 you might want to consider the Lumix FZ80 super zoom bridge camera which has a few of advantages over a dslr. First it shoot 4K video, in up to 8 minute segments. Second it has a very good completely silent auto tracking which focuses the camera during video in 1 to 3 seconds. With a dslr, using auto tracking for video creates noise as the lens autofocuses. In video mode, the lumix fz80 is fully auto, choosing the best iso, aperture and shutter speed to get a well lit scene. Finally with a 20mm to 1200mm zoom lens, you can shoot anything from wide angle to close ups. Lest you think a camera costing less than $300 can’t produce striking 4K footage, look at this youtube video. I have several dslr’s which shoot HD video, but now I only shoot 4K on the FZ80 and the Coolpix B700 (24mm to 1440mm zoom, used for about $350).

Rakhiinindia

The information given to me in your blog has been very informative, always read your post. You get something to learn in a post done by you. Well done. It’s a great example of setting a goal and creating that content. Hope you will continue to do such informative posts

http://www.rakhiinindia.in/cake-delivery-in-delhi.html ,
      http://www.rakhiinindia.in/cake-delivery-in-noida.html
      http://www.rakhiinindia.in/cake-delivery-in-gurgaon.html

amawoods

Actually 77D is a good choice. Dw about it. Just do it.

maagras

It is best choice , there is no problem

Lotus Notes Migration

samarali
      dennisrmstrong
      Participant

Buying a Canon EOS 77D is a great choice. I have not had any bad experiences with the product. Best Article rewriting service professional dissertation proposal writing service

katebrouwn
      Participant

Hi there! What an interesting post. Also, I recommend visiting one website that helps people with creating good essay titles. You can buy essay, dissertation topics and masters thesis, and it is a good opportunity to free read interesting and useful articles.

pdanny
      Participant

This is one of the best cameras recommendable for both quality videos and images. I would also recommend Capstone Project Help and Academic Assignment Help for the best writing and editing services.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best cameras for YouTube — 2021

So you’re all set to start your new YouTube channel where you’ll show how you create wigs for dogs with bald spots. Great! But before you get started, you’ll need a camera. We’re here to help you wade through the...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

CANON EOS

REBEL T7i

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN