Budget Fluid Head Tripod

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Hey guys, looking for a budget fluid head tripod.  My super low budget is under $50 dollars.  Can be used or refurb.  Recommendations? Thanks!

Participant

You cannot get a fluid head for under $100 that's just the head. Under that you'll see "fluid effect" that is just an over glorified tripod. I was looking for a fluid head too and there relatively expensive.

[quote=gummybear142]

Hey guys, looking for a budget fluid head tripod.  My super low budget is under $50 dollars.  Can be used or refurb.  Recommendations? Thanks!

[/quote]

Hi Austen, your best bet is the $88 Ravelli AVTP tripod with dual handle fluid drag head. I own the slightly more expensive Ravelli AVTP Professional with crutch style legs and the same fluid head. It is a great value for the money.

I understand that $88 is a little above your budget, but it's probably your best option.

Hope this is helpful,

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

Participant

Austen, I have found Manfrotto fluid heads and fluid head tripods used on ebay, craigslist, etc. The fluid head tripod was about $85, a little above your price point. It took some time and lot of patience. If you have a tripod and the head is removable, you might be able to purchase a used fluid head and attach it to your existing set of legs (some research might be necessary to see if they will work toghether.). Check out Manfrotto fluid head 3130 and see if you can find it by itself or on a set of Manfrotto legs. If this is still higher than you budget, you might try a Sunpack 7500TM. This is a 'fluid style' of tripod that I have used in the past and it gives acceptable results, although certainly not as good as the fluid heads. In a pinch you can always use the rubber band trick on your non-fluid head (check on this sight). Hope this helps. Keep shooting.

Thanks so much guys! I'll look into those.  

I think I'll probably end up saving for the Ravelli AVTP.  Probably will last longer.  

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best desktop computers for video editing — 2021

An efficient editing workflow depends on a solid editing system. Here's a look at the best desktop computers for video editing.
homicide-bootstrap