Bride wants “more”?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

My husband and I have been filming and editing weddings for about 5 years now and it's my full time job.

Our typical package includes coverage of everything, and the couple gets their full ceremony, full events at the reception (First Dance, Cake, etc.), and a highlight video with the best clips set to music. Which is all explained on our website.

A recent bride called us after she recieved her video and said she was panicking because she expected more video. More of her getting ready, more details, more dancing, more EVERYTHING. She mentioned her sister's wedding video had three hours of people just dancing at the reception, and that's what she was expecting.

We're not sure what to do exactly. Since she was panicking and we don't want her telling people that she doesn't like the wedding video we did, we agreed to give her more. The problem is I'm not sure how to do that. We shoot more film style, so we shoot in 10 to 20 second clips made for the highlight film, so all those clips lined up to equal 3 hours of footage looks jarring and not that exciting to watch. Not to mention it's raw footage with the camera moving and the exposure and color correction being off. It's just not that pretty. The highlight film is supposed to be the final "polished" video and it's about 10 minutes long.

What do you guys reccomend? And do you give the client more than what we give? We want happy brides and grooms!

Thanks!

Participant

let me guess, you use SLR's for your video cams? Thats why they are not good for  wedding videos. very few ceremonies are less than the 20 minute slr video shooting time. At this time all you can do is seam them together best you can. I use sony nx5's and capture the whole ceremony and most dancing,highlights,cake, toasts etc.

good luck.

HB

Participant

My wedding ceremony fixed where i want to marriage with my sweet lover. but their Wedding traditions and customs vary great& famous compare to my religions, countries, and social classes. My wedding ceremonies leads by my best friends who purchase a beautyful dress for me.

http://www.topwedding.de/brautkleider-de

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap