Book needed to get started with pro-video shooting

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Book needed to get started with pro-video shooting

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I've just stepped up from a Sony consumer camcorder to the prosumer JVC GC-PX100 which includes full manual, shutter priority and aperture priority modes.  I'm looking for a good book to help me understand these and other subjects such as depth of field, focus and lighting properly.  I immediately thought of John Hedgecoe but he only has one video book and it's a decade old.  Can anybody recommend some good reading for me please?  With thanks

You can read a lot online? Actually, probabably better that way (more updated). Search around on videomaker.com they have tons of articles and resources dedicated to this stuff.

Participant

The best possible way to learn is volunteer your services to help out with more experienced shooters and then freelance for a few years.  At the same time, shoot as much and as often as possible with your gear in varying situations.  Offer to shoot stuff for your church, kid's school, a local band, etc where you've got some room to make mistakes.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2021

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
homicide-bootstrap