BMPCC

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Anyone use the black magic pocket cinema camera? the grading of the footage from it can be truly outstanding, I was wondering if anyone had experience with prores recording and how much a 32gb or 64gb card will hold of it's prores footage

Jknight

syracuse video production

Hi Joshua – I have the $995 Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera, and I agree, it produces fabulous images.  In my view, it is the best image quality in this price class – period.

You can record up to 50 minutes of ProRes on a 64GB card, but you have to make sure it is a card from Blackmagic Design's recommended SD card list, otherwise you are pretty much guaranteed to get dropped frames (links below to the best prices from reputable sellers):

Hope this is helpful!

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

Yeah, i was looking at cards for the raw and it seems the only raw capable card is the sand disk extreme pro

Jknight

video production syracuse ny

Yeah. After experimenting with a couple of cards that didn't work, I finally broke down and bought the 64GB Sandisk Extreme Pro for RAW.  The best deal I could find from a reputable dealer was $120 at Adorama.

For anyone on a relatively small budget who is serious about color grading and dynamic range, RAW on the $995 BMPCC is a great choice.

There is a reason why Hollywood shoots digital in ArriRAW or RED RAW.

Cheers,

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

Yeah, IMO with davinci and BMPCC raw, using the luts I have collected I can take the BMPCC raw and make it pretty close to alexa footage. 

I have been in business for one year, but it is growing slow, My skills are way way beyond the growth of the business. I did a music video for an artist who won a season of the voice shot on alexa a month ago. I only have a two year degree and 1 year of experience under my belt, but talent is talent. 

Once I get my hands on this camera I have some idea's that I can use it for that should break the slow growth trends.

there is one studio that has a red camera, they are ok, but their creativity lacks. 

Jknight

video production syracuse ny

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap