Blurry spots on the video from Sony RX100

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      gomers

hey, everyone! I ve going thru my videos taken with Sony RX100 II and found this one, which looks weird.
      no idea what it is but here is a screenshot from it. Places where people were moving fast are blurry on the footage. http://funkyimg.com/i/27NFZ.jpg

is it wrong shutter speed or wrong memory card or something wrong with the cam?

thanks a lot in advance!

JackWolcott
      Participant

I can think of at least two reasons for this: it’s possible that you’re using a shutter speed that is too slow — e.g., less than 60. It’s also possible that this is lower field first when it should be upper field first, or visa versa. If it’s the former there isn’t much you can do about it. If the latter, try changing the field order.

Kevin Mc

I think Jack is on the right track. It appears to be an interlace issue.

It could be because the subject is moving. This is usually observed when you use your camera in automatic mode in low light. When the camera switches to automatic mode, it selects a slow shutter speed to let in more light. Eventually, the images will become blurred due to either subject movement or camera shake. You can notice this effect as a double exposure.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN