You're using a beta version of our new web site.

Blu-ray authoring software

Home Forums General Blu-ray authoring software

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nsd3 8 months ago.

• Author

VideoK9
    Participant

I just finished a wedding video and used Encore CS6 to create a menu structure and author a DVD from my HD content with no problem. But as I found out, Encore has known issues directly creating a blu-ray disk. I don’t seem to find much information on blu-ray disk authoring software – it appears that except for CyberLink’s PowerProducer, the only option is creating an image with Encore and using free shareware to burn it to the blu-ray disk. Any other suggestions?

Nsd3

The simplest way to burn a Blu-ray Disc from encore is indeed to create an ISO image. You can create the Bly-ray folder structure (which is quicker but a little more involved when burning the disc), but either way, you’re best off with a proprietary dust burning application. I use Nero Burning Rom (don’t be mislead by the name) and it works a treat with the finished output from encore (ISO or folder structure).

Generally I create blu-ray ISO files from encore (unless I’m in a hurry) and Nero Burning Rom to create the disc. You get a lot of flexibility this way, for example, blu-ray projects with complex menus, popup menus etc., despite my best efforts to make the logic work first time, invariably a menu or button fails somewhere, even if encore passes the “check build” option. I use re-writable blanks to test my project before committing to a write once blank disc. You also get better control over the write speed to disc, and auto verification as an option too.

Steve

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.