Blending/Cloning in Final Cut Pro

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

So I'm working on a video where I come in the shot multiple times, each time playing a different instrument, and the outcome should look like I'm my own band, and 4 of me are playing a song. The problem is I'm very new to final cut or any software and don't really know how to do it. I was playing around with blending and I think thats the correct way to go but not sure. Most people on youtube just rim and crop which isn't what I want because I want to be able to overlap (ex: Walking in front of myself) which isn't possible in those techniques. What I have so far is just two videos with the each having low opacity. (Pic included) Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Normally, you could achieve this with doing 4 takes without moving the camera, and simply masking the areas around each instance of You.  However, it sounds like you are going to need to do some green-screening, as well as some careful blocking for the 4 of you on the set, in order to achieve the effect of You walking in front of another You.

If you blend using the opacity you won't get the effect of layers that you want … instead, you'll end up with a ghosting effect for the top layers.  The best thing to do is to use a green screen so that you can remove the background and create the layering effect that you described.

• Viewing 2 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

A Tripod Buyer’s Guide for Every Budget

The best tripods for video — 2020

Carefully comparing and reviewing system specs will ultimately help you find the best tripod to fit your needs and your budget.
    homicide-bootstrap