Blackmagic Pocket Camera Audio

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi

I have tried connecting a Rode Videomic to a Blackmagic Pocket Camera, and find the audio levels very low. Upon setting the Microphone Input to 100%, Channel Inputs to 100% and Ch1 and Ch2 Input Levels to Mic (intstead of Line), the audio becomes much louder.

I am unfamiliar with what this means. Is it as good as it seems, or have I merely switched to the internal mic?

No. You have not switched to the internal mic, you have switched from line level input to mic level input (which is appropriate, since you are using a microphone).

Line level input is for input from a mixer or external recorder.

Good luck!

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

Please visit us for more camera tips, tricks and techniques!

Participant

Thanks!

I am not experienced with the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera and was very interested but had a few questions about mixers.  Will it connect to a Sound Devices 302 Mixer, Fostex 3-Channel Mixer  or a MixPre-D Compact Field Mixer?  And if so what cables do you need?  Thank you.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to buy a camera — 2020

While we have more options and more technology than ever before; buying a new camera has never been more difficult. It’s not just that there are dozens of cameras to choose from, it’s that each one offers...
homicide-bootstrap