between dslr and camcorder

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Hello fellow friends in this forum, i am from and in nigeria, i am not a camara man, but i am an upcoming producer of a production house in my country, so i was looking at buying a camara to use and shoot my home film, so i have make some research, and some people say i should go for hdv camcorder and some say i should go for dslr, 7d, rebel t5l, t3l, 70d, but many really prefer 7d. So please i will love professionals here to help me out expecially the dslr, my buget is under $1000, please i love you to tell me the diffrence and why you prefer your it. Thanks

Participant

If I may suggest: it's the story that sells, not the gear.

That being said from my own experience: go for a camcorder. And focus on your storytelling.

Dslr's started to offer video features around 2009/2010. Ever since I've been experimenting on video and finally (after two years) I decided to buy myself a camcorder. Started with the jvc hm150e, now sony nx3. 80% of my video jobs are produced with the camcorder. Only 20% with the dslr. I won't say this won't change, especially when dslr's are evoluating in a way that they become more convenient to handle for video producers also, but for now I'm happy with the decision I've made. 

I hope this will help you out, making the right decision for your job.

good luck!

peter

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap