Best Stage Curtain Color For Video?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Alex
      Participant

I am helping to set up a small church for live video streaming. Currently the walls are bare, and an awful yellowish color. We want to put up stage curtains behind the podium, but I'm wondering what colors and materials are best. I was thinking a dark purple or blue, or even black velour. The room is about 40 x 30 ft and plenty of daylight coming throught the blinded windows. Flourescent ceiling lights and a track lighting strip for podium. 

BruceMol
      Participant

Interesting question. You would want whatever material you choose to not reflect light, so velour would be good, except those velours that show the knap. Color is more difficult In that there is no right answer. If you choose black, or dark, or oppositely, white or light, you'll get some good contrast half the time. Think 'bride and groom' for a moment and you understand you'll lose one or the other in the background. Back lights would help. If you go for a deep blue or green you may find your whites and light skin tones 'pick up' that color. That leaves the browns and dark reds, burgundy-ish, to chose from. Try some material samples in your hall against congregation members dressed as you would normally record them. 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Worship Video’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.