Best Lense for Wedding with a Canon 7D

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      reznor
      Participant

Hi! I'm a new here. Looks like a nice community 🙂

I started wedding movie this year. So far i use my panasonic tm-900 with my gopro2 and a sony camera for other angle in the church which is very nice.

I wanted more, so i just bought a canon 7d. So i'm new in the world of dlsr.

I only have the 50mm 1.8 for now, but checking for other lense. I was wondering what's the best to use. I will do 75% video and 25% picture. I dont want to much lense 2 or 3 max.

i plan using a shoulder rig and maybe a follow focus too, but can use a tripod too.

Do i need absolutely stabilisation on my lense?

My first choice was a tamron 17-50 2.8 VC. I read in review the VC is less sharp in picture,.but since video is only 2 mp  does this matter? Can you tell the difference in sharpeness on video mode on a lense VC or non-VC? 

prime lense ? Sigma 30 mm 1.4 ? is this good?

for the zoom i really dont know. I look the 70-200 lense and find it pretty big, but still there is the stabilisation is necessery? tamron, sigma , canon…?? im looking only at 2.8 lense. F4 is too dark in church for sure.

that the video part. Now for picture i just want a good over all lense sharp. That why i was wondering if i will not put  more money on a 17-55 IS 2.8 from canon so i can do video and picture with the same lense, cause the tamron VC for picture look bad. So many questions…..

thank for reading, i need help here.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Wedding and Event Video’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN