Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Editing › Best File format with least to no compression???
- March 17, 2014 at 12:42 PM #74496
i use Sony Vegas 12 and would like to edit in sony,save it as raw as possible with the least or no compression at all and then dump that into Imovie for the lower thirds and titling etc.
- March 17, 2014 at 2:28 PM #210032theonecanoeParticipant
Why dump it into imovie? Sony Vegas Pro is a great program, why not just do all your editing in Vegas, or am I missing something here?
- March 17, 2014 at 7:08 PM #210033
i like the lower thirds and a specific titling in imovie
- March 18, 2014 at 2:59 AM #210041rs170aParticipant
I had my suspicions that's why you wanted to do your titling in Imovie. You can do anything in Vegas but it does take a bit more work. The least amount of compression is an uncompressed MOV file but that takes a lot of hard drive space and a very powerful computer. In my opinion your best bet is a very high bitrate mp4 file. Use either the Sony or MainConcept AVC/MVC file types and customize it as needed. Good luck.
- March 19, 2014 at 12:16 PM #210059
Thanks Mike. Do you think that the image quality will hold up? Rendering to high bitrate mp4 in vegas, then transfer to imovie, add my things and render again to mp4 then to youtube? i tried it out and didnt see much difference in quality.
- March 19, 2014 at 7:02 PM #210070rs170aParticipant
mdoart, if it was acceptable to you, that's all that matters.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.